Menu Close

Frequently Asked Questions

Most seniors who want to “age in place” in their own home find it is cost effective to redesign the living area as an open space on one level.

While remodeling can be a large expense, it can be offset by co-housing with a family member or friend reducing overhead and providing companionship.

In contrast, assisted-living facilities eat up one’s savings and equity more quickly than aging in place.

Our professionals are certified by the National Home Builders Association (NHBA) as specialists in evaluating a residence for Aging in Place compliance.

They consider the health, safety and welfare of the home’s residents and make evaluations in the context of the living environment, age, and daily functions of the individual.

There are many different formats for cataloging and storing electronic record;

  • Document Management Software that can be shared with other users
  • The CLOUD
  • CD-ROM
  • Flash drive

Most original documents need to be retained in the original form and should be stored in a safe deposit box or other secure location.

You can use the digitized copy for quick reference and easy access.

Your attorney and accountant should be consulted for recommended retention periods for legal documents based on your personal circumstances.

Insurance policies, deeds/titles, dual power of attorney, living will, health care directives; stocks/bonds certificates, investment statements, bank statements, tax returns, special photographs, jewelry inventory, military service records, birth, adoption, marriage, divorce certificates and other life documents that are important to you and your family members.

Today’s seniors are mobile and sometimes live in multiple locations making the “grab-and-go” concept of record keeping an attractive solution.

Also, residents in flood or other disaster zones could evacuate on short notice with their documents including treasured family photos on portable media.

Most importantly, family members or other individuals authorized to access your personal information would have ready-access to important documents all in one location.

No, courses can be taken any-time and anywhere where they are offered.

When all three classes are completed then application can be made for the CAPS designation and graduation. Attendance is taken and you must attend from 9-5 or as designated by the instructor.

Each course has a test.

It is taken at the end of the course day. You must pass the test in order to qualify towards the course requirement for CAPS designation.

Some people just want the continuing education credits in their field and do not need or want the designation.

Continuing Education credits are self reported to NAHB, AIA, NKBA, AOTA. A certificate is provided upon completion and passing of the courses.

Additional continuing education credits are reported by *Golden Age Living to:

* Interior Design Continuing Education Council (IDCEC) a certificate of completion is provided and CE is reported if your IDCEC number is provided at registration.

*Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB), FL